Thursday, December 17, 2009

February, come slowly


I just got back from Gurney. We went there for dinner and then shopped for my brother's winter clothing. He'll be leaving to New Zealand in February.




We had fun trying on sweaters, mufflers, coats, and winter caps. I absolutely adore the winter caps! We ignored the stares of the other shoppers and the saleslady and camwhored our hearts out. Halfway through, however, I felt a pang in my heart. I really don't want him to leave. I'll miss him terribly when he does. Even Skype and webcam wouldn't be the same with him not being near me. Mum teared up in the shop just now. My bad. Shouldn't have told her that.

On a lighter note, my family and the Sg Ara Care Group would be visiting the Sri Cahaya Orphanage Home this Saturday. It's a project by our CG to sort of give back to society this Christmas, instead of just receiving gifts from other people. The message kind of dawn in on them when they went for a retreat camp last month; in which Brother Chong Jiin shared the message on giving through actions.

I'm so excited for this Saturday's event. Honestly, I feel that it's my calling to be in the field of mission or in the welfare eversince I was in high school. I still do not know for certain where I would be stepping into in the future- the corporate world or in the mission field, but I believe God has His plans all set out for me. I just have to learn to trust Him more and to be alert to His calling. For now, I'll just take things a step at a time.

Dan will be performing a song for the orphans that day. So far, we've already collected RM940 to be given to the orphanage; an amount which is pretty huge considering that our CG consists of only a few families. I'm still cracking my brain to finalise the last song we'd be singing that day. Praying hard that the children as well as the caretakers would be moved by God's grace and that our actions would reflect His words. It's so exciting to be able to be a part of God's work, regardless of how small it may seem. Who knows how this one visit could influence these kids to be a part of Christ's kingdom someday =)

Goodnight and God bless!

Love,
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment