Monday, April 26, 2010

SCF Camp


Went for CF camp on Friday till yesterday at Outbac, Broga. The campers were split into four groups named after the mounts in the Bible- Moriah, Horeb, Olives and Sinai. Cal and I were in group Olives. I did a lot of stuff which I never thought I could or would dare do. I hiked up Broga Hill, did rock climbing for the first time, tried 'leap of faith', flying fox and kayaking. I enjoyed every experience except for leap of faith though.

I had to climb 20 feet up a tree and leap out of the platform unto a railing. Joel who has a phobia of heights overcome his fear and accomplised it. So as promised, I had to keep my word and go for it too. After climbing up, I couldn't pull myself up unto the platform. My whole weight was pretty much supported by my right hand on the platform, whereas my free left hand was supposed to pull the ropes on the tree to lift myself up. My hands were already shaking and weak out of fear and the ropes keep sliding out of my hands when I tugged at it. I cried and really felt like giving up. In the end, I tried hugging the tree trunk and lift myself unto the platform and thank God it worked. Being on the platform was another thing.

Being up there, I couldn't stop myself from crying as I kept telling myself to jump and grab the railing to get it over with. Cal and a few of them down there kept encouraging me to jump. I finally jumped without even attempting to grab the bar. Never in my life have I felt so relieved that my feet were at last on solid ground. Like I've said, I did not enjoy the 4 minutes being up in the air but it is by far one of the most memorable experience I've ever had. I'm really glad I went for it.

If I had to be completely honest, the overall description I had for the camp was fun because of all the activities we did on the 2nd day. But while reflecting about everything that happened in camp over dinner, I began to realise and remember a few really important stuff that I hold close to my heart. A few things that Uncle Sam said during the sessions make me really determine to change. No one can say that they love God and continue doing the things that doesn't honour Him.

Also, I've been slightly troubled today about a decision that I have to make. I'm never good at being in a state of uncertainty. And then again I remembered that when I feel like I'm being swept into a whirlwind, I can trust God to lead me into the eye of the whirlwind where everything inside is calm and peaceful even in the midst of surrounding chaos. Camp was a really good experience. I remember the purpose of me signing up for camp and I believe things will work out accordingly in time.
Till the next post, peeps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment