..................................................
HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY, BRYAN!
I just got back from Bryan's surprise birthday. We had a game of bowling, and the girls beat the guys FLAT at it. Ooh, I bumped into K Wen at the bowling alley and we got to catch up for a while. Funny fellow that soul is hehe. When the game ended, we walked out of the entrance and Sue Wei and her friends brought out the cake and gift for him. We got him a gundam since he's so much into Japanese animes and whatnots.
We then head over to Sushi Zanmai but it was too pack and it'd take too long to wait for them to accomodate us 14 pax. We decided on Pasta Zanmai and it was a good choice not just for the food but for the seating arrangements too. That's when the fun starts to kick in.
Bryan got each of us a scoop of baskin robbin ice cream, randomly picked flavors delivered personally by the baskin staff to Zanmai. We were all like kids reaching out for the colorful scoops, passing round for tasting and sharing. It was dessert before the main course. Great way to start any meal. I'd have desserts over main anytime if I could have my choice hehe.
Sitting in front of Jake was a painful experience. And I'm saying it in a good way because he made me laugh so hard with his lame remarks. He did it so effortlessly that he didn't even need to make a joke to prove he's lame. And when I say he's lame, I mean, downright pit-bottom LAME. Haha, Jake, if you happen to read this please don't get offended. Keep up the good work man!
We only had half an hour after our meal but the Four Seasons managed to shop. I got 2 really pretty tubes and one cute clincher, and Julaine a peach ornamented blouse. Sarah didn't manage to get the dress that she liked tho she did get herself a necklace. That girl is obsessed with accessories. June was the only "good girl" tonight who kept to the 'no-more-shopping-unnecessarily' vows that they made a while ago.
On a sidetrack, today's prayer meet was meaningful. I'm glad we're starting it again since last year. Sharing and praying for each other definitely brought up a stirring in our hearts again, mine especially. It really reminded us of the promise we'd made and of our hopes. Not gonna mention more for now.
Gonna wash up and call it a day. My roomate's gone back home for the weekend so I'm grabbing this chance to catch up on much needed sleep.
Toodles :)
"We turn to God for help when our foundations are shaking only to learn that it is God shaking them."

No comments:
Post a Comment